I like rules, probably more than the average person. I have an obedient personality and tend to trust that laws and regulations are in place for a good reason and that abiding by them will be for my benefit. Perhaps this is tied to my strict religious upbringing, but that's a conversation for my therapist.
The point is, I'm an all-or-nothing kind of girl. I can do a 30-day sugar fast without a problem, but the second you suggest I should reduce my chocolate intake I'm binge eating double fudge ice cream and an entire batch of brownies.
With that in mind, herein follows the Law of Richelle:
- Meditate often
- Continue to make my health a priority
- Say no (when it's right)
- Be selective about social engagements - who I spend my time with
- Spend time with friends doing creative, cheap/free activities (ie. not just drinks or dinner)
- Respond to emails within 24 hours
- Read non-fiction daily
- No media on weeknights (parenting myself here)
- Set a weekly/monthly intention
- Be kind to myself
- Write at least one thank you note every week
- Be grateful
- Set tech-free time each week
I reserve the right to edit this post as I am confident I will think of more rules I want to live by. These are sort of resolutions, I suppose, but the kind that make it past Jan 5.